[olug] .bash_profile and runlevels

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Thu Jun 26 19:34:12 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 14:08, Christopher Cashell wrote:
> At Thu, 26 Jun 03, Unidentified Flying Banana Ryan O'Rourke, said:
> > I actually found a different solution to this problem:
> > Control Center --> Extras --> Sessions
> > and added my Wine process to the "Startup Programs" tab with a priority
> > of 70 so it runs after everything else.
>
> Ahh, cool.  Do you know off hand if that's a Red Hat specific thing, or
> if it's a Gnome thing, or what?

I /think/ Control Center is specific to Gnome (and/or Bluecurve) but I
don't use any other GUI frequently enough to know for sure.

Once I am able to start putting GNU/Linux on all the office desktops
I'll use .xsession files for X startup programs since it'll be easier to
configure and duplicate for all machines.

Thanks again.

-- Ryan