[olug] IDing Sun parts on E3000

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Wed Jun 25 05:51:30 UTC 2003

<quote who="Daniel Pfile">
> A picture is worth 03E8 words.
>
> SS Bracket:
> http://www.sunstuff.org/hardware/partnumbers/540/2/5/7/0/
>
> Ultra Bracket:
> http://www.sunstuff.org/hardware/partnumbers/540/3/0/2/4/
>
> -- Daniel

Dan - so the hard drives shown in this picture for the Sun storage array:

http://www.sunstuff.org/hardware/storage/older_disk/SPARCStorageArray/SPARCstorageArray.jpg
and
http://www.sunstuff.org/hardware/storage/older_disk/SPARCStorageArray/SPARCstorageArray.disk_in_sled.jpg

are the same Ultra Bracket that you are talking about that I need?

I can get a bunch of these brackets from an Storage array (with the hard
drives) for $5 each. Is that a good price/is it worth it (if I can use
them of course)?

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson