[olug] Server Auditing

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Jun 23 14:06:26 UTC 2003

Eric,

We've used Advanced Network Technologies where I work for server audits.
Our results have been mixed with the important factor being who comes to do
the audit and their familiarity with the NOS/hardware you're using.  Some
of their guys are really good, and some of them can't find their dorsal
posterior region with both hands, a mirror, and a full-geared Marine recon
platoon.

Let me know if you find someone you really like.

Bill

                      Eric Pierce
                      <eric_olug at yahoo.        To:       olug at olug.org
                      com>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [olug] Server Auditing
                      olug-bounces at olug
                      .org

                      06/22/2003 12:57
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Omaha Linux User
                      Group

Hi all,

The company I work for is looking for an auditing firm to come in and do a
thorough check on our file/mail/web servers for backup-ability,
recoverability
and overall robustness.  We're running several Linux & Windows servers as
well
as at least one Sun box that I know of..

I thought a few of you on the list might have some good recommendations or
maybe you even work for such a place.

Thanks for any ideas...
Eric Pierce