[olug] Sun Meetup's

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sat Jun 21 03:41:01 UTC 2003

Not quite correct – meetup.com organizes the gatherings via their web
site. AFAIK, Sun has nothing to do with the sun meetup or meetup.com.

There are some good meetups I am involved with: LiveJournal, Perl,
Slashdot. I have meet some interesting people & made new friends, learned
Too bad some of the others do not have enough participants to have a
meetup. I am on the list for a bunch, but have never met up.
The other bad thing is selecting the location – their 'magical' selection
out of the database of places blows. Most times all the places are out in
west O; or in a location that is not conducive to a gathering of people,
or even having a closed location. One of the hazards of having this sort
of operation for all over the US, no local experience to soothe the edges.

I have mentioned it before on the list; and I again recommend using
meetup.com to the group.

Thanks for mentioning the sun meetup; it was not in the list when I
scanned through it the last time.

> Sun Meetup's are group meetings coordinated by Sun Microsystems, you can
> find out information about them at sun.meetup.com
>
> The usual scenario is to meet a coffee shop and share Sun info.
> (Or brag about who has more Sun hardware...)
>

> Quoting Terry Begley <tbegley at creighton.edu>:
>
>> etc.  What is the "Sun Meet Ups"?  I'd be interested.  Thanks!

Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson
Omaha Linux User's Group (OLUG)
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?
An often repeated quote on news.admin.net-abuse.email:
<I>
"Spam is not about content, it is about consent".
</i>