[olug] U.K. Urged to hold back on open source

David Walker linux_user at grax.com
Thu Jun 19 21:10:06 UTC 2003

I partially agree.  I think governments should be able to use GPL software if
that is the best solution for their problem.  But I think that government
produced products should be in a BSD style license so that everyone can
benefit.

The government is a great place for open source software.  There is so much
money that is flushed by sending it to the software companies.  No reason to
pay for each copy of a program when you could just pay for it to be written.