[olug] Errors with PHP/RH 8.0

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 18:08:23 UTC 2003

Is anyone using RH 8.0 and doing php development?

I have the following php rpms installed:

[cmmiller at phoenix cmmiller]$ rpm -qa | grep php
php-imap-4.2.2-8.0.7
php-4.2.2-8.0.7
php-ldap-4.2.2-8.0.7

If I load this page into a web browser:

[cmmiller at phoenix www]$ cat phpinfo.php
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

I get what you see above, I don't see the php
information put out into a nice format into web
browser.  Is there something that I am not doing to
get this to work right?

If no one has a solution involving rpms.  Would there
be a problem is I next the rpms, and installed from
source?  I also have apache, mysql, and perl running
from rpms, and the mod_php is loaded for apache.

Would there be any types of problems that anyone can
foresee?

thanks

-Chris

=====