[olug] Install fest items of interest

OBrien, Timothy (olug dot org) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Wed Jun 18 04:35:08 UTC 2003

I posted a news story to OLUG.org to get a discussion going about what to
bring to the install fest – both for seasoned members, individuals that
will be helping out & for those who are looking for assistance. Included
in the discussion is for people to volunteer bringing drinks & munchies.
This way we keep all the traffic off of the mailing list.... and the
discussion should work better that way.
Please feel free to add your ideas on what to bring – and what you would
like to bring snack & drink wise.

Also, we would like a couple of people to be 'greeters', to welcome new
people when they come in, have them 'register' for the door prizes, and
make sure they are pared up with someone who can help them with their
needs. Also to keep an eye on everything, making sure nothing walks away
or any other problems.
If you would be willing to help with the Install fest in this specific
capacity, please contact me off list.

Setup for the Install fest will start around 10:30 to 11 am, which should
give us enough setup time and opportunity to start our own projects before
the official start time of noon. We could use a few individuals to help
set up & make sure everything is ready.
If you would be willing to help with the Install fest in this specific
capacity, please contact me off list.

Shutdown & cleanup will begin as the crowds start thinning (normally
around 5:30 pm) – the sooner we clean up the sooner we get to the after
fest gathering/fest review/planning meeting at Old Dundee. We could use a
few individuals to help set up & make sure everything is good to go.
If you would be willing to help with the Install fest in this specific
capacity, please contact me off list.

The after fest gathering/fest review/planning meeting at Old Dundee will
'start' whenever we get AIM cleaned & closed up (hopefully around 6:30
pm). As all ways, all are welcome to join in the conversation, discussion,
and planning for the upcoming OLUG events. Oh, not to mention some food &
drink! =)

The poster contest update:
So far I have seen posters placed by one other person; who will be getting
their fabulous prizes at the fest. How are <I>you</i> helping get the word
out about the Install fest on June 28th?

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson