[olug] mklinux

Eric Johnson eric_j at oasis.novia.net
Thu Jun 12 13:35:49 UTC 2003

MkLinux does (or did) run on PA-Risc also. IIRC it also ran on other
platforms. The last time I looked, though, it did not appear that the
project had been supported or updated in years.

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>
> > Has anyone used mklinux? (http://www.mklinux.org) I've been considering
> > trying it out and was wondering if anyone had an experience with it.
>
> MkLinux is only useful if you have a PowerPC-based Mac.  It doesn't run
> anything else.  Expect performance to be lacking compared to a monolithic
> system.
>
> If you did manage to get it running, don't let it out on the public 'net
> unless you want to basically rebuild it from scratch with current source
> trees.  It hasn't been updated in a while.
>
> --
>
> Phil Brutsche
> phil at brutsche.us

-- Eric Johnson
-- eric_j at oasis.novia.net

"Ahh, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package.
    How efficient of you."

    -- Londo Molari

            /*\         ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
            \ /         - AGAINST HTML EMAIL