[olug] sparking a flame war.....

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at cox.net
Wed Jun 11 22:53:08 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Roberson" <roberson at olug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 1:33 AM
> - IMHO - rpm is a very good packaging mechanism, and is _VERY_
> thoroughly defined and documented. -- why do you think lsb defines rpm
> as the official lsb packaging method? Dont get me wrong, I am in no way
> saying apt or portage or xyz is any worse, But when you have the
> majority of the dist. packagers using it already, it made sence.
I'm a fan of Redhat's up2date service. My company has paid subscriptions and
I think that it's worth the money. Great interface and does away RPM hell.
Allows you to see at a glance which machines are out of date, and the
associated errata.

Compared to managing patches on my NT boxen, I adore it.

-Jeff