[olug] ximian evolution

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Sun Jun 8 17:12:46 UTC 2003

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 12:04 PM, OBrien, Timothy Irish wrote:

> <quote who="Brian Roberson">
>> evolution itself is free, the exchange connector is 69.00 for a single
>> user license, I purchased one a year ago so my license is still valid.
>
> K, so what is the diff between evolution & the exchange connector?

Evolution is an email/pim like ms outlook. Normally it'll connect to
standard mail servers. If you pay extra like Brian did you get a plugin
that translates the ms exchange connection into something usable. So in
other words, you don't need to pay any money unless you need to connect
to an exchange server.

-- Daniel