[olug] Free to a good home -- UPS

Bob McCoy bob at mccoy.net
Wed Jun 4 18:28:34 UTC 2003

Beware.  This is not something you're going to be able to hide under
your desk.

This is a Best Ferrups model 0800 3KVA UPS.  The manual for it is
located at http://www.powerware.com/pdf/fss0348.pdf.  As best I can
figure, it weighs in at about 320 pounds.  So if you want this, you're
going to need some muscle to move it.  It does have wheels, but I'd
seriously suggest a truck with a lift gate.

Power Specs:
Input 208/240V 16A     ***** YES!  It takes 220 volts on the input side
*****
Battery Supply 48V 60A
Output 120/208V 2100W (0.7PF 3000VA)

Also included:  CheckUPS II Software & Connectivity Cable, and a
BestLink SNMP/Web Adapter kit.  Neither of these look like they've been
used.

The condition of the batteries is unknown.  The unit has sat essentially
unused for the last two years.  It's history prior to that is unknown.

Standard caveats apply:
- It is provided as-is with no warrantees (thus the great price).
- I take no responsibility for injuries incurred while moving this or
while trying to convince your significant other that you REALLY need
this (try telling them that you can use it as an auxiliary heat source
during the winter).
- I will not help you move it, but I'm more than willing to watch.
- I will not provide technical support for any problems or issues you
may encounter.

After Jon's inspiring session on UPS's, I know you want this.  So send
me an email.

Bob
bob at mccoy.net