[olug] kernel panics

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Tue Jun 3 14:08:04 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 08:57, Mike Peterson CoxMail wrote:
> Does it fail on boot or after running for some length of time?

Last night it failed after being up and running for several weeks. A
hard boot brought it back up for a few minutes and then it failed again.
Another hard boot and it failed during fsck.
I powered it down for several minutes and rebooted and ran fsck.ext2 on
/dev/hda2
It fixed a bunch of errors and rebooted and has been up for 10 minutes
now.

Now I get:
fatal error: locate: decode_db: 'pathlen == -11'! Corrupt Database!
whenever I try to run 'locate'

> The swap and root are on different devices correct?
> That was just a typo on /dev/hda2 for both I would hope.
> The installer should not allow it.

woops :-) that is a typo.
The swap partition is /dev/hda3

-- Ryan