[olug] Challenge With Perl Module Tk

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 04:37:38 UTC 2003

> >> Playing with Bastille Linux,
> >> http://www.bastille-linux.org/, and it needs two
Perl
> >> Modules, Tk and Curses.  FYI, I've never played
with
> >> Perl Modules before either.
> >>
> >> I've installed both from source and when typing
> >> 'bastille,' I get the following error:
> >>
> >> [error]
> >> [root at phoenix man3]# bastille
> >>
> >> WARNING: /usr/bin/perl cannot find Perl module
Tk.

> Thanks for the info on how to install Perl Modules
via
> console, that is a great tidbit of info that I never
> knew.
>
> BUT, still having a challenge with Curses, it is not
> install right, because when running Bastille, it
still
> gives me the same error.
>
> What steps do I have to take to troubleshoot this?

>Ummm... Can you copy and paste a few lines of source
>code from where
>that error occurs?

>You might want to try adding an

>   -I "/path/to/where/Tk/Lives"

>to the call to /usr/bin/perl in the source code. If
>you send the current
>source, I could send back a suggestion...

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner.

Anyway, I created a softlink, ln -s, for the Tk
directory under /usr/bin/perl, but still a no go to
get Bastille to run.

I don't understand what you mean by -I /path/to/Tk?

I even re-installed Tk from Webmin, and I'm not
getting any specific errors to output when doing the
install.

Anyway to capture these errors, or should there be
something that I need to be looking for?

thanks

-Chris

=====
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."

-Edsger W. Dijkstra