[olug] Mozilla question

Bob McCoy bob at mccoy.net
Sat Jul 26 22:11:15 UTC 2003

My personal recommendation is to open Konqueror | Bookmarks | Edit
Bookmarks | File | Import | Import Mozilla Bookmarks.  Then never use
Mozilla again.

You can find your bookmarks file by traversing down to
/home/<username>/.mozilla/<username>/<gobbledigook>.slt/bookmarks.html.
At that *same* directory level you may also find a lock file.  Delete
that and see if it fixes your profile issue.

Seriously, use Konqueror.

By the way, if your bookmarks are as important to you as you say, you
may want to export them from time to time.  I do it weekly.  I keep a
copy on a USB (flash) drive and another copy on a private Internet
location.

Bob