[olug] dynamic routing for small business

Eric Penne epenne at olug.org
Sat Jul 26 13:56:50 UTC 2003

Very weird thing happened yesterday.  Friday morning I asked about the
dynamic routing.  Friday afternoon I went out to my favorite small
business that uses 1 cisco 2600 connected to a 10Mb ethernet to fiber
converter.  We didn't know who owned/configured the router.  We didn't
know who originally set it up and what the password was.  Our local Cisco
guy (teaches the Cisco classes for SCC) came in and changed the password
for us and made sure it was all configured correctly.  Out of nowhere he
says, "why do they have this router set up with RIP?"