[olug] Promise FastTrak 100

Brandon Lederer brandonl at hms4emc.com
Wed Jul 23 16:26:13 UTC 2003

I'll throw this out there, so we have a ball park idea... PHPGroupware, so
heavy PHP usage, all going across apache-ssl. Cups with sharing through
Samba.... can tank a processor rastering a job for the 1200 DPI color
laser...  Fax Server.... and Email server.  MRTG generating 150 graphs every
5 minutes.  Jakarta-Tomcat is running, (java server pages) but not a heavy
load at all.  MySQL for the backend of PHPGroupware, my guess, an extremely
light load for the program.  LDAP serving the Postfix and Courier IMAP
processes.  All on a PIII 933.  apparantly running Software RAID mirroring.
Disk activity in this should be Minimal..... and 1.5 GB of ram... shouldnt
have to worry about swappin.