[olug] Promise FastTrak 100

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Wed Jul 23 08:34:51 UTC 2003

Brandon Lederer wrote:

> I doubt I can use the devices.... I just said they exist.........

You did say the kernel lists them at /dev/hde and /dev/hdg ;)

> but they are mirroring.  this definitely can't be software RAID like
> in the kernel and stuff.  That is Software RAID..   this is something
> different, isnt it?   I did   0, none,  Nada  configuration in the OS
> for this RAID, so how is it software RAID?

How you configure the array is irrelevant.

What does the mirroring operations is what's relevant.  Is it logic on
the card, or is it an OS driver?

With the Promise and Highpoint ATA "RAID" cards, that task falls on the
ataraid driver.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us