[olug] Promise FastTrak 100

Brandon Lederer brandonl at hms4emc.com
Wed Jul 23 00:33:54 UTC 2003

I am sure I am running hardware raid.... my partitions are on
/dev/ataraid/d0p1, d0p2, d0p3, etc.... i just Broke it and rebuilt it with
the FastTrak utility on the FastTrak100 Bios.

the OS also lists the drives /dev/hde and /dev/hdg... and lists their
respective partitions, which are IDENTICAL (cuz I am doing mirroring)....
but I am using /dev/ataraid/d0p1, etc in fstab.  To my knowledge this piece
does not exist Onboard any motherboard, this is not the HIGHPOINT controller
or promise Lite (which is just software raid).  It is the FastTrak100 TX2,
hardware RAID controller card.  System is rebuilding the array at the
moment, so I cant list the number.  but there is SPECIFICALLY a driver in
the vanilla kernel for Promise FastTrak controllers.

This doesnt help me with monitoring it though... (which was why I broke the
array in the first place to see how the system would respond........ It hard