[olug] Configuring Kmail to work with cox.net

dthacker9 at cox.net dthacker9 at cox.net
Thu Jul 10 23:23:50 UTC 2003

Per Trent's suggestion I've removed authentication from the
outbound server.  I now recieve this message from Kmail:

"Sending failed:
The server didn't accept the sender address:

Sender address is invalid.."
and various dire warnings about my outbox clogging.

If I'm not authenticating to the outbound server, what does cox want? BTW, I'm sending the test message from my cox
account to my work account or my hotmail account.  They both return the same error.

TIA

DT

"...leveraging synergy across all technology platforms."- Scott Adams