[olug] IDE Hardware RAID

Tim V - DZ iceburn at dangerzone.com
Tue Jul 8 20:20:22 UTC 2003

n/m-

Some Gigabyte motherboards have some built in Promise "lite" Raid
controllers.  They have Linux drivers posted at

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_RAID.htm

The have some beta drivers for the promise versions (inc the 20276 I
think) on their board.  Since you haven't got anything installed yet,
you might want to try that.

If you know the "Friendly name" of you Raid Controller you might want to
poke around promise.com.  They have Red Hat drivers from some chips.

Something like-
http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=10&c
ategory=driver&os=3

-t