[olug] IDE Hardware RAID

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Tue Jul 8 20:19:36 UTC 2003

> I have a new system with built-in Promise RAID.

This is not hardware RAID.  This is software RAID, and in many cases is
specific to Windows 2000/XP.

> I thought about putting a 3ware card in the system.
> As per the 3ware site they only support up to Redhat 8 at present.

For 3ware cards to not work with RH9 RedHat would have had to break
something BIG TIME!

3ware has had open-source drivers for their cards in the mainstream kernel
since the 2.2.x days.

> Has anyone worked with any other IDE Hardware RAID?

3ware, hands down.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us