[olug] icons

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Thu Jul 3 23:43:47 UTC 2003

<quote who="Nathan Brown">
> Ok! I just got an email with a newsletter for our archery club that i'm
> supposed to put on the website for said club... in windows it is always
> opened by MS WORD.   In Linux it wont' open or i don't know how to open
> it.
>
> This is what i meant by needing help and lots of it.... What do I use to
> open  a file that normally would open in WORD.

Nate - you missed the monthly meeting last Tuesday eh? CM Miller did a
superb presentation on killer apps for Linux - which included Open Office.

Open Office is the answer to your question - as well as telling your
archery club to stop sending out nonstandard attachments to their members.
Or even better, why even make an attachment - put the newsletter into the
email!

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson