[olug] Apache web server support questions

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Thu Jan 30 06:42:30 UTC 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:51:45 -0600
Daniel Pfile <daniel at pfile.net> wrote:

|Ahh yes, paktronix, I was trying to remember the name of that company.
|There are a lot of really smart people on this list, Matt is one of
|them. Of course, I'm bidding on this, so I can't sing too many praises.
|:-) But I will concede that routing is not one of my strongest points,
|and there are a couple of people on this list who really know their
|stuff on that subject, Matt is one of those.

not only does Matthew know routing, he wrote the book![1] (good
background)
and here is a review and excerpt from unixreview.com[2]
IIRC he also wrote much of the routing in the linux kernel?

|Is that Open Source Consultants guide something started by somebody who
|either asked the list, or directly mailed a bunch of people on this
|list asking for people who would be interested in working with his

It's an official big document on TLDP - one of the guides [3].  I came
across it because I thought it would be a guide on "howto be a consultant"
-- boy was I suprised it was just a big directory.  =)  It dates back to
2000. [4]

|network of consultants? If so, that's the other company I was trying to
|remember when I mailed Mr. Rogers. I'd like to know what happened to
|that since I'm trying to get back into doing some part time consulting.

|-- Daniel

[1] http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=1350/urm0006d/
[2] http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=1357/urm0106g/
[3] http://www.tldp.org/guides.html
[4] http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lcg/html/index.html

|On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 10:25 PM, Eric Penne wrote:
|
|> Paktronix is by Matt Marsh IIRC.  Some of you may remember me asking
|> about Matt at the Installfest.  Matt knows more about Linux and
|> security than the CIA knows about Iraq.  The few times I've heard Matt
|> talk during the meetings, I felt like a first grader in a quantum
|> physics class.  That's about the time that I realize that so many
|> people live and breathe Linux as their job and I know that no amount of
|> crap from big corporations can ever snuff linux out.
|>
|> I know your listening Matt.
|>
|> Eric
|>

|> --- "Rogers, John C NWD02" <John.C.Rogers at nwd02.usace.army.mil> wrote:
|>> Thanks for the reply.  We did receive some replies but none from the
|>> two
|>> companies you mentioned but we will add them to the list.
|>>
|>> Thanks,
|>> John

|>> |
|>> or
|>> is
|>> they
|>> someone
|>> Apache
|>> servers
|>> them.
|>>
|>> Apache would definately be the way to go... I don't know if you've
|>> received any other responses yet, but I only found 2 consulting
|>> business
|>> in Omaha from the Linux Consultants Guide - Paktronix and Open Source
|>> Consulting.
|>>
|>> 	http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lcg/html/x19846.html

|>> would
|>> be
|>> |
|>> You
|>> can
|>> details.
|>>
|>> I know there's at least a few users on the list with Solaris
|>> experience,
|>> I'm not sure what their availablility is though.  A newer
|>> organization
|>> starting up is the Free Software Consortium (www.fsc.cc) -- I'm
|>> somewhat
|>> involved with it, but it is not very well known yet.

|>> |

|>>   Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart