[olug] Apache web server support questions

Rogers, John C NWD02 John.C.Rogers at nwd02.usace.army.mil
Sat Jan 25 00:28:58 UTC 2003

Hi all,

My company is exploring the idea of switching from Netscape Iplanet or
Netscape Enterprise web server to Apache web server.  The question is they
want someone locally to be able to support the server installs, can someone
on the list do this?  The hosts would be Sun Solaris boxes with the Apache
build on them.  Would any olug list users or companies support these
installs on a contract, hourly consulting, or on call basis?  The servers
will be required to have SSL and other security measures enabled on them.

Small local companies would get preferential treatment since this would be
an US government contract.  Is anyone out there that the list would
recommend or even who not to use?

I know the list favors Linux but my company is heavy into Sun only.  You can
contact me off the list if you want and I can fill you in on the details.

Thanks

John