[olug] debian disks?

Don Kauffman dkauffman at tconl.com
Fri Jan 24 03:15:00 UTC 2003

  Thanks Daniel,

I have a broadband connection to the net but only have a 4x burner
hooked up to M$..How about if I would pick them up at the OLUG meeting
unless someone's using debian that lives out near 108th and Maple? I'd
burn 'em myself but my experience burning madrake cd's wasn't  really
great . . .. It wouldn't auto boot the install.

Don

Daniel Pfile wrote:

> A lot of us have broadband and can get any distro you need on cd.
> Debian is a good choice though, base install only takes about 30-40
> meg. Throw in xwin and some compilers and it comes to about 2-300 meg.
>
> If you're near 38th and Harney I'll burn you a disc, otherwise there's
> probably an oluger in your neck of the woods. Or you can find a
> neighbor/coworker with broadband and a burner.
>
> -- Daniel
>
> On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 04:18 PM, Don Kauffman wrote:
>
>> I'm interested in experimenting with debian. I have a little P-166
>> with not  much  HD space. It's not hooked up to the net at this point
>> in time. Would someone on the list have a more recent version on
>> install CD's?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Don Kauffman