[olug] CD Boot problems and Network Installs Slow Speed

Mike Peterson mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com
Fri Jan 17 19:31:48 UTC 2003

I had the same problem with Redhat 8.0 on a Pentium 233 with an older CD ROM
Drive in it.

I did a network install via HTTP and then the IDE Controller started acting
up.
I switched to a P III 450 and all is working fine.
I have Redhat 8.0 network install setup on 2 internet accessible servers.

If anyone is interested send me an email off list?

I did 10 network installs last night for a class and only 7 completed.
3 blue screened during the package gather step.
I did 3 test runs and the installs took 2-3 hours.
One test run was from a P4 Windows XP Apache Server and
Two test runs were from external and internal Redhat 8.0 Servers.

Last night with Redhat 8.0 and Apache 2.0 that comes with it deploying
Redhat 8.0 it took 4.5 hours for all to complete up to the restart step.

Has anyone worked with speeding up Apache 2.0 performance yet?