[olug] Re: ADVs via the olug.org mailing list?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Thu Jan 16 23:25:39 UTC 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:16:14 -0600 (CST)
"Jeff Hinrichs" <jeffh at delasco.com> wrote:

|Eric Penne said:
|> I didn't like the direct plug for Reboot the User.  I think obvious
|> links to the company in the signature of the sender are fine.  In this
|> case it didn't bother me as much because he did give useful info
|> beforehand (which got snipped), not just an advertisement.
|>
|+1  As long as there are helpful comments/insights as the base of the
|message I don't mind carefully measured and properly disclosed,
promotion.

|-Jeff Hinrichs

Second that.  Though it was perhaps an "ad", it was closer to discrete
than it could have been.  The post did provide valuable information as
well.  I will admit, it did catch me a bit off guard at first - I don't
think its a big deal though and the ad was 'pertinant'.  It seemed almost
like where one would say "or you could just go out and buy a linksys
router to make it simple" which is what I was almost thinking.

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart