ADVs via the olug.org mailing list? was: [olug] Network

Don Kauffman dkauffman at tconl.com
Thu Jan 16 20:15:52 UTC 2003

<my2cents>
I don't mind a message about the business in general  every now and then
because the business is promoting the use of linux and OSS. I think
that's what OLUG is for. Where I might draw the line is promotion of a
specific product  in the context  of providing a commercial solution to
a user question. Speaking for myself, I don't want a commercial
solution. What I want is to understand the software and how to get it to
work the way I want  it to work  If Jay  wants to contribute to that
discussion, he's more than welcome to do that. However, I have a qualm
about  promoting products during the discussion unless I specifically
ask what's available. If he or anyone else wants to occasionally post a
list of specials to the list that would be fine with me. I think it's
worthwhile to support a business promoting the use of OSS..
</my2cents>

Don Kauffman