[olug] LAMP PostNuke PHPNuke PHPix (long)

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Thu Jan 16 06:02:49 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:08:40 -0800 (PST)
Eric Penne <epenne at yahoo.com> wrote:

|Is there any suggestions on any other programs I should be running?  I
|only plan on having ssh and http open to the outside world.  It'll
|probably run djb's dnscache for internal use only.  Does rsync have an
|external port?
|
|Well that's enough for now.  Please suggest other programs that may
|help me out.
|
|Eric

When I was looking around for photo album stuff for my website[1], I found
quite a few out there.  I went with album from marginal hacks though --
just because it seemed like what I wanted, pretty simple, has themes, and
my friend (www.awdonline.com) was using it.  It works quite well for me,
except when I get lots of pictures in one album*... it doesn't do multiple
pages and Dave (from marginal hacks) says that would take quite a bit of
recoding -- so don't expect that to change soon.  It does use ImageMagick
though and you can customize image sizes and all sorts of stuff...
although no message boxes etc.

*I do take an exorbitant amount of pictures though. (sometimes)

album :: http://marginalhacks.com/Hacks/album/
makethumbs :: http://www.molenda.com/makethumbs/  (shell script)
gallery :: http://gallery.menalto.com/
igal :: http://www.stanford.edu/~epop/igal/
bins :: http://bins.sautret.org/
photoshrink :: http://ambient.2y.net/leif/projects/photoshrink/
picbook :: http://www.glg.ed.ac.uk/home/Peter.Hanssen/BITSBYTES/PicBook/

marcel compared some of them in LJ

[1]  http://www.brianwiese.net/photos/

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart