[olug] LAMP PostNuke PHPNuke PHPix (long)

Ryan rps at willconsult.com
Wed Jan 15 19:19:15 UTC 2003

>Does anybody have
>any other reccommendations for PHP picture album backends?  I looked at
>quite a few of them but this one looked the best to me.

I have been running My Photo Gallery and am pretty happy with it.
http://www.fuzzymonkey.org/newfuzzy/software/perl/

I liked that people can post comments about the photos, then the comments
are listed on the page under the photo.  And I especially liked that it
resized images.  I take all my pictures at 1600x1200, which is way too big
to view on most screens.  But if I choose a lower common denomonator, like
800x600 or 640x480, then even those people who have larger screens and more
bandwidth can't get the higher detail offered in the larger pictures.  But
this software let's the user choose which resolution (out of 4 or 5 common
ones) to view the images at.  The software then resizes it, and keeps the
resized version so it doesn't have to create it again the next time someone
requests it.

-Ryan