[olug] Locked out of OLUG SquirrelMail

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Tue Jan 14 07:42:23 UTC 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:27:41 -0600
"Brian Roberson" <roberson at olug.org> wrote:

|users:~ # chage -l irishmasms
|Minimum:        10
|Maximum:        60
|Warning:        10
|Inactive:       0
|Last Change:            Nov 13, 2002
|Password Expires:       Jan 12, 2003
|Password Inactive:      Never
|Account Expires:        Never
|users:~ #

is this password expiry date setup in your useradd script, or is there
some overall system process that setups and enforces user password
changes?

Another question that has been bugging me today... is there a way to set a
threshold on failed login attempts in GNU/Linux.. i.e, after 3
unsuccessful logins - the account is locked permanently, or perhaps for 5
hours?  Does PAM do stuff like this?

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart