[olug] anonymizer

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Tue Jan 14 05:06:07 UTC 2003

Well, since you don't feel your job is in danger for doing this. Here
are some freshmeat entries for you:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpwebproxy/
?topic_id=87%2C907%2C90%2C91%2C234
http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpproxy/?topic_id=907
http://freshmeat.net/projects/php-proxy/
?topic_id=907%2C90%2C250%2C914%2C867
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cgiproxy/
?topic_id=251%2C90%2C91%2C234%2C150

I've used cgiproxy before, mostly because I wanted to log into a
non-ssl site from my work computer (not my current employer), and I
knew certain admins liked to sniff the network for fun and profit.

If ssh is allowed, maybe you can set up an ssh tunnel to your home
machine and config your browser to use a proxy sitting on that (like
squid, or one of the ad blocker ones). I used to use ssh listening on
port 443 to log in and check my mail, before I used web mail.

Just make sure you're not doing anything your employer _would_ frown
upon. I don't see a problem with something like this for better
security, quick accesses to home computers or personal sites that I
don't want people looking in on, but I wouldn't browse porn or download
warez or anything crazy like that.

-- Daniel