[olug] sparc serial access

ktb xyf at nixnotes.org
Mon Jan 13 14:38:03 UTC 2003

I've been messing with accessing a sparc 20 via serial port.  One of my
sparcs I can get to the OK prompt just fine.  The other one, the last
line I see in kermit or hyperterminal is -

It gets "stuck" there.  I've tried <ctrl-break> and <shift-~-b> but
can't break to an OK prompt.  With my other sparc I can see the POST
information as it scrolls on the screen.  What could be stopping POST on
my other system?  Or what could cause POST to hang?
Thanks,
kent

--
To know the truth is to distort the Universe.
                      Alfred N. Whitehead (adaptation)