[olug] Basic IP addressing

Jonathan Warren thechunk at cox.net
Wed Jan 8 15:39:44 UTC 2003

I have found that for me the best way to learn iptables is not to use someones 20 page filter but to start with one rule at a tiem and learn what it does.  It use a common syntax that once I started getting familiar with it made more sense.  I don't do the full port blocking but I do nat and some port forwarding.  It isn't very big.

-Jon W