[olug] smbmount and fstab

Jonathan Warren thechunk at cox.net
Wed Jan 8 14:40:36 UTC 2003

This allows any user to mount the samba share Jpg's to /mnt/goddess and it will be mounted as Administrator.

//goddess/Jpg's /mnt/goddess smbfs       username=Administrator,password=secret,noauto,user

smbclient -L //hostname is extremely usefull in finding the information you need as well.  Also I had problems with samba shares that had spaces in the name and was never able to get them working through fstab.  If anyone has experience with spaces in the name of the share point I wouldn't mind hearing it.

-Jon W