[olug] Hacking Linux Exposed or Real World Linux Security?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Tue Jan 7 08:24:10 UTC 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 00:54:07 -0600
Daniel Pfile <daniel at pfile.net> wrote:

|security book. Right now Hacking Linux Exposed is winning. I'll
|probably stop by borders tomorrow and see if they have the latest
|editions of both to flip through.

doah-- minus my last suggestion, I got so excited reading your email I
forgot to finish reading all you wrote!  but might I also suggest... =)
when your flipping through them, think up some random security topic out
of your head that you want to know more about... say "chroots" and then
look it up in the index, then compare the two books that way.

its a real world example of how they will most likely get used, and what
they should be good for. i like a book with examples too on say, how to
setup a chroot for any service. =)

ymmv, peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart