[olug] Logging

Mac Petras Mac at PetrasWeb.com
Thu Feb 27 20:58:00 UTC 2003

I instituted change control and a CCB (change control board)
where I work (an IT department). We have only 25 people, but
we have various systems that are co-dependant so we defined a
process, support it in electronic form, for pretty much all
major (and some minor) changes to code, configuration data
and network infrastructure.  This includes servide packs,
code enhancements, configuration changes to server, etc, ...

I hear complaints on occasion from people not being able to
just go fix a problem, but our issue rate from lack of
communication has dropped signioficantly, so overall, everyone
is much happier to not be wasting time on fixing problems that
never should have existed in the first place....
Mac Petras