[olug] UNIX & Linux & other helpful tips

Mike Peterson mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com
Tue Feb 25 20:41:43 UTC 2003

I find many helpful Linux and Unix and Disaster Recovery tips that are more informative on
TechRepublic
http://www.techrepublic.com

I use both Unix and Linux and Windows and DOS at work so many of the tips do apply to one of the platforms that are from the Unix Tips mailing list.

Many of the recent tips I have created or used without even knowing about anyone else using them for many years on both UNIX and Linux.

I agree that they can be helpful.

They should be brought up by individual members and then submitted to a meeting or to the list as needed however.

Or as mentioned, a member can recommend a new mailing list and then each member that has an interest can join it and see if they are helpful.

I am interested to see what the results of a poll would be.
Please email the list when and if a poll will be posted to the olug.org web site.

If I had more time and experience with polls, I would put one or more up on my sites.

I do not recommend that a separate tip only list be created unless a poll is taken and it is requested by a majority and the administrator of the list has space and time to run it.