[olug] Unix Tip: I SED BLANK

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Tue Feb 25 02:28:09 UTC 2003

At Sun, 23 Feb 03, Unidentified Flying Banana Nick Walter, said:
> I rather like the tip of the week idea.  If people object to getting mail on
> this list from an external source, perhaps we should just take turns
> providing the tips ourselves?  From following this list, I've seen there are
> a lot of sharp folks on it, so there would be plenty of people to take
> turns.

Maybe we should consider the idea of creating a new mailing list,
olug-tips@ or something along that line, for this use.  We could
subscribe that list to the Unix Tip's mailing list, and we could
encourage OLUG users to send little tips, tricks, and similar things to
the list.

I think this would be really helpful, and I know that, as Mr. Walter
mentioned above, there are some extremely bright people on this mailing
list.  Having them send random tips and tricks regularly would be a
great way to let new users in on some of the things that normally only
experience can teach.