[olug] erotic mouse behaviour. :)

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 22 22:33:26 UTC 2003

lately my mouse has been flipping out in X.  It just randomly jumps and
clicks on everything.  Moves windows and icons.  In it's climax it just
sits in the upper right hand corner and jerks and right clicks. :)

The only way to get it to stop was to restart X.  I got fed up with it
and did a google search.  It seems as if it is a problem with gpm and X
fighting for the mouse.  I shut off gpm but it didn't correct it.  I
also need gpm occasionally when I'm not in the X mood.

The solution was to tell X not to use /dev/psaux for my ps2 mouse but
to use /dev/gpmdata instead.  Check it out!  I didn't even know that
gpmdata was there.  Sure enough, it's been 3 days and it hasn't
happened again.  WooHoo.

Just in case Brian allows searching of the list archives by a bot, then
I need to put the correct terms into the email so it can be used by
other people.

Search terms:

erratic mouse behaviour
weird mouse behaviour
erotic stories about AdamH

Hopefully that will help the search engines.

Eric