[olug] discount subscription to Linux Journal

Michael Peterson Wireless mikejack at stratomail.com
Wed Feb 19 13:43:51 UTC 2003

I have been getting LJ for sometime now.
I like the articles and fine it useful for my situation.
I use Linux at work and also teach it as a second job.
The second job allows me to setup a new server each semester when a new
release of Redhat comes out.
The magazine covers each month several of the things that are talked about
on the list.

IMO, discussion about products and magazines and companies that provide
solutions to problems we face is part of what the list is for. It is also
for the exchange of ideas about open source solutions.

Discussion by a company for itself requires paying the group for
advertising.
NPO's can go into a vendor and advertise meetings.
FPO's provide advertising dollars to keep NPO's solvent and to gain
customers.