[olug] @(*&%@*(&% Cox DHCP!

neal r neallist at wispair.net
Mon Feb 17 15:07:35 UTC 2003

  A long time ago you couldn't get dhclient to work with Cox so you had to use a
windows box /w DHCP and then 'ifconfig ether <hw address>'  and make the DHCP
addr static on unix - I started doing this around 1998 to work around their stuff
- they've apparently lightened up - I did a clean reboot of unix box & cable
mode, and dhclient /w defaults works just fine.  Of course, I wasted about eight
hours trying to trick the system before I accidentally discovered this :-(