[olug] local ntp time server?

Adam Korab adam at ledhazard.net
Thu Feb 13 17:56:26 UTC 2003

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:55:35AM -0600, Brian Wiese wrote:
> Hello all...
>
> I'm looking for a local ntp server to sync my time with, but can't seem to
> find any.  I thought that time.unomaha.edu provided this service openly,
> but apparently not? ...

An important disctinction to make is network proximity vs. geographic
proximity.  If your provider doesn't have a time server on their
network, odds are likely your packets will go to either Dallas or
Chicago to peer and then come back to Omaha.

That said:

time.inetnebr.com is in Lincoln and was stratum-2 when I worked there.
I believe it still is.

time.verio.net works splendidly for me from most anywhere, but I usually
directly connect to Verio's network.

--Adam
--
"A workstation without a network is like a geek in a field all by himself.
It looks intriguing, unusual and different but no one will come within 20