[olug] Bill Gates statements from The Register article.

Craig Wolf CJWolf at mpsomaha.org
Thu Feb 13 14:47:45 UTC 2003

I couldn't help but just ROFLOL when seeing this article.  Here is a
clip:

"Gates's sound bite, characteristically, is stolen: "It's almost like a
747 where, yes, it's easy to do a wing, it's easy to do a tail, but to
produce a wing and a tail that work together under all conditions,
that's tough, and that's the position we're in." This will remind some
of you of a very old joke:

"Unix Airlines: Each passenger brings a piece of the airplane and a box
of tools to the airport. They gather on the tarmac, arguing constantly
about what kind of plane they want to build and how to put it together.
Eventually, they build several different aircraft, but give them all the
same name. Some passengers actually reach their destinations. All
passengers believe they got there."

One version of the full gag can be found here, and among the rest of
them you'll find:

"Windows Air: The terminal is pretty and colorful, with friendly
stewards, easy baggage check and boarding, and a smooth take-off.  After
about 10 minutes in the air, the plane explodes with no warning
whatsoever." "

Full article here: http://212.100.234.54/content/4/29308.html