[olug] AOL 9.0 CD ROM - Looney Tunes Games

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sat Dec 27 19:53:51 UTC 2003

[snipped]

Sean Kelly - thanks for the correction to my acronym misspelling. It was
intentional, being part of the satire I was trying to 'lay down for you
all'.

Sean Edwards - as I alluded to, the way you asked and worded the question
a few people interpreted it to be off topic. Now, not that many things are
considered off topic on the OLUG mailing list considering that it is the
largest computer related mailing list in the area (that I know of); and
most of your fellow list members are receptive to any Information
Technology question as long as it has something related to *nix or Open
Source.

I was interested in your post because I did not even know there is a Loony
Tunes game on the new AOL CD. It is an interesting thought, how to get the
installer off the CD & could it run under *nux but as mentioned you are
still endeavoring to reverse engineer their intended use. IIRC, there have
been a few court cases already regarding DMCA violations of this sort.

Hence the sarcastic warning (so to speak) of my post...

You know, this may be a conversation for a 2600 meeting (not that I would
attend or know anything about that).

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson