[olug] Hauppauge PVR-250 & PVR-350

Terry Bradshaw angrypuppy at tconl.com
Sat Dec 27 05:02:35 UTC 2003

Hi, all-

I'm thinking about the next phase of the MythTV box build, and I'm
considering getting the TV card next so I can start playing with MythTV
before my dedicated box is done.

That said, has anyone used the Hauppauge cards for this yet?  The MythTV
site says they can be used, that is not really my question.  I'm more
interested in the differences between the PVR-250 and PVR-350 cards and
whether they both can be fully tapped under Linux.  I *think* the
difference is that the PVR-350 has TV outputs while the 250 does not.
Is that correct?  If so, can the outputs be used under Linux, or am I
better off just using a video card with these outputs?

Admittedly, I have not done any independent research yet.  I will report
back what I find if no one else knows.  I know several of us are working
on this sort of project, however.

Terry