[olug] Unix environment on Windows, if anyone is interested

Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com
Wed Dec 24 11:36:50 UTC 2003

Is that version compatible with XP?  I Forget which version I had, but it
wasn't compatible.  It was handy though.

Brian Wiese <bwiese at cotse.com>
Sent by: olug-bounces at olug.org
12/24/2003 12:18 AM
Please respond to
Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>

Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [olug] Unix environment on Windows, if anyone is interested

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:30:03 -0600
"Michael Peterson Wireless" <mikejack at stratomail.com> wrote:

|Microsoft is giving away full versions of Services For Unix 3.0 for the
|cost of shipping($11.90 in the US- don't know about internationally).
|Gets a good unix-like environment, full shell and all the utilities.
|Plays nicely with Kobol/Cygwin.  The only critical thing it was missing
|was BASH, but the second URL contains a bunch of utilities for use with
|SFU, including BASH. The giveaway expires Dec. 31.

I have a couple of these CDs as well, I guess I could bring them to the
installfest if anyone wants them... I believe they are the full versions?
(they were handing them out at a conference, linuxworld SF)

--
Brian Wiese          "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
bwiese(at)cotse.com  gpg: 0x2FD6AF16    keysvr: pgp.dtype.org