[olug] top 20 posters since May 5

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Tue Dec 23 06:43:12 UTC 2003

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:40:41 -0600
Christopher Cashell <topher at zyp.org> wrote:

|At Mon, 22 Dec 03, Unidentified Flying Banana Mat, said:
|> Hi All:
|>
|> I've been archiving the O!LUG list into a mysql table since May 5 of
|this> year.  One of the niceties that comes with control over your own
|mail> database is the ability to query it.  So here are the top 20ish
|posters> (by posting volume) since early May:
|
|I have an (imperfect[1]) e-mail archive of the OLUG mailing list dating
|from Thursday, Jan 04, 2001 (including a total of 7533 e-mails).  Just
|for kicks, I decided to run a mailing list statistic analysis program[2]
|that I found a while back on it.

| [2] MailListStat v1.3 - http://freshmeat.net/projects/mls

Wow, really impressive stuff Mat and Chris, though I am still interested
in who writes the most emails between 2am and 6am to the list. =)  I think
the flexibility of having your own mysql database comes in handy here...
though I don't know what the proper mysql query would be, since I've never
really used it (need to learn though). (from looking around the mysql site
tutorial... )

select author, count(*) from emails
  where "time > 00:02:00 and time < 00:06:00"
  group by count(*); ???  (what would _the_proper_ query be Mat?)

I've been quite impressed with myself actually from these statistics,
seems like I'm quite a contributor to the list! =)

-------- quoted --------
So here are the top 20ish posters
(by posting volume) since early May:
OBrien, Timothy    134 |
Brian Wiese        115 |
***** People who have written most messages:
|  1 | bwiese at cotse.com                             |  425 |  5.64 % |
***** Best authors, by total size of their messages (w/o quoting):
|  1 | bwiese at cotse.com                                     |  799.4 |

--
Brian Wiese          "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
bwiese(at)cotse.com  gpg: 0x2FD6AF16    keysvr: pgp.dtype.org