[olug] Calendar Software

Ryan Stille rps at willconsult.com
Mon Dec 22 16:57:34 UTC 2003

> All,
> I am trying to set up a web based calendar program for my
> church. They have Mandrake 9.1, Postgresql, and PHP software
> loaded. I would like to be able to add or delete events
> remotely by password. Any suggestions?
>
> I tried VTCalendar from Virginia Tech but I am having trouble
> getting it installed.
>
> Thanks for any ideas or help.
>
> Ed Carlsen

I setup this php calendar on my church's website: http://www.northsidealliance.org/calendar/events.php.  I thought setting up a database for our few events would be overkil, so it reads/writes the events from a WDDX packet in a text file.  There is a password protected admin area where events can be managed.  Let me know if you are interested.

-Ryan