[olug] Pocket Rescue (was Knoppix question)

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 08:23:32 UTC 2003

I suggested some console communication tools to access
as many on-line resources as possible:

web - lynx. Console web browsing, supports tables and
cookies; fast with no graphics downloading

email - elm and/or pine.

news - tin. If you are creating a diagnostic/recovery
tool, I thought a news client would be useful.
Somtimes this is the only place to find current and
relevant information.

mc - Very powerful.  Open and inspect compressed files
(.tar.gz) without decompressing, ftp client, file
editor . . .

minicom - I have used mincom for a very  long time,
and never had a problem with it.  I find it to be a
very useful tool for troubleshooting modem problems

-=Sean Edwards=-
cybersean3000 at yahoo.com